Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Artificial Floating Island made of Recycled Garbage...

Today just after breakfast a man approached me and asked if I wanted to go with him to see his floating island. I was very suspicious. and thought "What the heck is all this about?". Anyways. After assuring me that he didn't want any money, just wanted to show me his project, and if i liked it I could stay for free(with food) and help out a few hours a day with building the island, i decided to go. Comfortably in the back of his truck we drove down the coast of Isla de Mujeres to the place where he is building his Island.

And I was completely amazed. The guy is completely crazy,yet wonderfully passionate and motivating. The island is build of used bottles which are then put into nets who are tied together under pallets. These pallets are then tied together to create an island. On the island he then puts earth and plant trees. Its really fascinating.


he had an island some years ago who got destroyed by a hurricane, so now hes building a new one. The most fascinating ideal project for volunteers from UWC'ers. I think I'm going there tomorrow to help out for a few days. Everything is out in the open and hes really creative with all kinds of things.

1 comment:

류성훈 said...

I am surprised your floating island
I also try to make floating marsh
It has similiar function with marsh
How about share information about floating island?
I want to ask many things for you
^^