Sunday, April 8, 2007

Snow in April

I made it back to Norway safely (believe it or not), just to acknowledge that the Norwegian winter last longer that I had expected. The two last weeks of march offered sunny days and medium-warm weather, and know I am faced with temperatures just above the freezing point, with precipitation in form of snow and slush.
Sun is nice, snow is acceptable, rain is depressing, but slush is just a pain in the ass.
At least when it rains the water flows off the road. But when you have slush the water and the snow decides to form an alliance ON the road, meaning that unless I wear gumboots I get soaked everywhere I go. blash. If I ever said anything good about the weather at this place I take it back.

I haven't yet heard anything from Dartmouth about my eventual "waitlisting" and I'm am still uncertain if my future lies with Middlebury. They haven't given me any information concerning financial aid, so I honestly don't know if they are intending to support my studies there. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow to check whats going on.

My first exams are going to take place in less than a month. It feels very strange. I can't believe it. After that it'll all be over. How peculiar...

No comments: