Thursday, April 3, 2008

Leon, Nicaragua

I think I'm the only backpacker in the entire world, who has spent more than a week in Tegucigalpa.(Or at least it feels that way).
I left Tegucigalpa yesterday morning, and came to Leon last night.

To start with the first.
After leaving Utila I, as mention in last post, went to Tegucigalpa to visit my friend from Seminar Camp. Tegucigalpa itself is a really sketchy and kinda dodgy town, but you always get a different experience and impression when you know someone the place you go.
I had a wonderful week in Tegucigalpa. Meeting Margee's(my friend) friends and hanging out with them so much - gave me more knowledge about life and culture in Central America than any other destination on my stay has. And I'm not talking about food, dances or beer. I'm talking about the more subconscious things, the way people act, think, talk. The way the sexes interact - and the general view upon life - family, marriage, education, business, politics - everything. Or well, not everything, but many things.
So yeah, despite the fact that Tegucigalpa, might not be the most attractive city, I REALLY enjoyed my stay. (and did I mention, that people are super-friendly???)
I spent the weekend at a CISV-Workshop, where I received training to become a Seminar Camp Staff. (for those of you who reacted "WTF???" to the word "Seminar Camp", I will kindly refer to http://www.cisv.org/programmes/seminarcamp.html for more information)

But yeah, it was pure coincidence that I happened to be in Tegucigalpa when the workshop took place. I had an amazing weekend and it was really nice to chill with CISV'ers from all of Latin America. Especially since I haven't been to a CISV camp for ages.

When I can pull myself together(I mean, IF I can....) ill eventually upload some pictures.
Tomorrow I'm going Volcano boarding....and until I elaborate in my next post, ill let you sit for a while and ponder over the following question:

What the heck is "Volcano Boarding"???

No comments: