Sunday, March 25, 2007

Adams's Apples

I partly watched the Danish movie "Adams apples" today. Partly meaning that I was doing homework and listening to the movie - or well, supposedly doing homework and actually watching the movie.(Procrastination is amazing!)
Anyways, I've come to understand that such a movie really portrays an interesting part of danish culture and humor. The extremely violent and rough setting, and yet super funny and in some way melancholic atmosphere - is something I can associate with. Not in the way that I believe in violence in such manner, but the way the story goes on, and the extremely absurd things they make fun of - so damn politically incorrect - makes it movie worth taking into account.

When I want foreigners to understand Danish humor, I usually tell them to watch a movie by Anders Thomas Jensen. His three most recent movies, such as The Blinking Lights, The Green Butchers and previously mentioned Adam's Apples are of priceless quality. They are completely absurd, rough - and extreme in every sence, yet you build up a sort of sympathy with the main characters, which makes his movies much more interesting and worthwhile.

That was my deep thoughts for today. So: If you wish to understand weird Danish Humor, watch a movie by Anders Thomas Jensen.

Other than that I spent the day eating pizza at my advisee dinner, and chilling in the sun while trying to study.

No comments: