Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Danish Dinner

We had our first Annual (i think) Danish dinner today.Hurra! Bertelsens Uaktuelle Nyheder is something that must be seen by all human beings. Our wonderful Danish Teacher Erik dropped by and joined us - (which was quite cool), always ready for a good joke.
We took college picture today - unfortunately I don't have a sample I can present to you, but i'll see If I can get hold of one before my next entry.
Would be nice right?

We had our Spanish class outside on the rocks today. I wonder whether that would ever had happened if I had attended regular Danish High School. Most likely not. We moved out on the rocks next to the water, and did some exercises. It was great. Imagine to be able to tan, while learning spanish at the same time. We should have more of those classes. It is funny thought, sometimes to compare school here, with school back in Denmark. The thought often crosses my mind "How would this have been in Denmark" or " Would this have been possible at all in Denmark?" I guess not, but since I've never attended normal danish high school in Danish I actually have no clue. Perhaps. Who knows.

My trip to Sierra Leone is getting along well. With the funds we have now we are actually able to carry out the project to a quite far extent. We don't have as much as we aimed at, but what we have is better than nothing, so seen in a positive light, we are doing well.
I do though still have a lot to plan and arrange before I can call myself 100% ready.

I've gotten these mails from Universities recently saying when they will let me know if I am accepted. A bit absurd in some way. 4 Days before they admit/reject you, they let you know that they'll let you know in 4 days. I mean; I've been waiting 4 months - so 4 days doesn't really make a difference. I'll spend the next couple of days preparing myself for the thought, that I might in a very short time, know where I will spend the next 1+4 years, or the thought that I maybe know where I will spend the next year, but except for that I have absolutely no bloody clue. We'll see how it goes. I don't want to put my hopes too high.

Anyways, I better get some sleep. I was napping during the sunny afternoon today, so didn't get enough sun. But honestly, I was SO tired. It's sometimes very energy consuming to attend so many classes..

Ohh about classes, I have a funny note on that one.

Our "wonderful" teacher made a fool out of himself.
I missed a class last week(which contrary to common belief actually doesn't happen that often)
and then we had started a new topic: Fair enough. I was not there too bad.
- our teacher went straight on from where he started last week, and those of us who missed the class felt a bit lost since we didn't have the handout he had given last week.
Instead of disturbing, I asked in the end of the class whether he had any handouts he could give us.
He answered - no, that we couldn't get them cause we weren't there last week.
I said - Ok, so you don't have more copies you can give us?(not exactly understanding his point)
He said - No-
And I then said something like - ohh, so you just want us to go copy them from others.
and then he replied - that we were not allowed to copy from others, because he had written the notes himself, and he had copyright on them, and that it was just too bad because we missed the class the other day. ehhhh????

A strange situation I don't come across every day. And a bit tragic. Poor teacher. How low. I think i'll ask him for a copy and tell him to forget about the whole situation, before it becomes too embarrassing for him. That would be a pitty.
If he objects I would be happy to discuss the situation with some more teachers and some other students. Would be hilarious to see how he would handle it.
:-)

Have a nice day.

No comments: